When I started to write my first blog post in March 2012, little did I know that I would still be writing seven years later!! At the time, I didn’t know what to expect from blogging, and I was very inexperienced at writing AND using the WordPress platform! It was a journey into the unknown, a real adventure!!
It didn’t take me all that long to get into the swing of things though, and what I lacked in experience I made up for with enthusiasm!! 🙂 Looking back at some of those early posts, I realise that my writing style has changed a great deal since then, but what has NOT changed over the years??
One of the reasons my writing has improved over the years is Annie, who tirelessly corrects my posts. The posts you read would not be the same without her valuable input! A big THANK YOU to Annie for her invaluable work!!!
Writing has certainly given me a different perspective on things – just as improving my photographic skills has made me look at my surroundings in a different way. When I hear people talk about their journeys, I realise that I am on a kind of journey too, and writing (almost) every week has helped me to find a path!
Here are some statistics, for those of you who enjoy them: 🙂
- There are 331 posts on this blog (this post will be No. 332). The very first one was posted on March 7, 2012.
- Up until March 11, 2019, the blog had been visited 40,418 times, and 106,309 page views had been registered.
- My busiest blogging year was in 2013, with 52 posts!
- The all time favourite blog post is “The secrets of Tarte Tatin – explained“, followed by “Oranges and Lemons” and “Saint-Chinian, the place to be“.
- The busiest day on the blog was August 7, 2015, when I posted “Art everywhere“.
- Visitors to the blog have come from 133 different countries – the top five countries in terms of visitor numbers are USA, France, UK, Sweden and Canada.
- There are over 2,500 comments on the blog!!
- No surprises for the last one – food related posts attract more likes and views than posts on any other topics! 🙂
Thank you to everyone who has been following and reading this blog! Thank you for your comments – I love reading them – keep them coming!! And lastly, thank you for sharing the posts with your friends, and for sharing them on Facebook and Twitter – I love having new readers and reading new comments and perspectives. And I love the fact that it is all spreading the word about Saint-Chinian and the area!